LevelHelper Feature Requests

Discussion about LevelHelper application. Do not post engine related questions here.

Re: LevelHelper Feature Requests

Postby anup.sarode » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I know I'm asking too much here but would love to see SpriteHelper or LevelHelper have a skeletal animation tool inbuilt like Spine (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eso ... ware/spine).
I would be glad to buy upgrades if this is developed.
anup.sarode

Postby vladu.bogdan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm

You will be happy. That will come in next major versions.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Vladu
Twitter: vladubogdan
vladu.bogdan
Site Admin

Re: LevelHelper Feature Requests - Spine integration

Postby infrid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 pm

oops! I probably posted this in the wrong place to start with..

I've moved it and deleted the original post.

Hey Vladu,

I'm sure you're aware of spine: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eso ... ware/spine, and you can see they raised a LOT of money.

This is clearly going to be the future of animation for 2d games for a lot of indie developers.

What are your plans for levelhelper integration? I know they are doing a genereric cocos2d-x plugin to integrate with their json output data ( i believe there's an early git repo for this too).

The question is, are you planning any hooks into this? I'm hoping at the very least that we'd be able to specify a default spine animation for sprites..

The ultimate would be to be able to create bodies for the animations, though I dig that'd be very difficult..

still, I'm hoping for at least some basic support, and I'm also going to put myself out there to say that I'd consider more advanced spine integration either a perfectly reasonable "plugin-style" upgrade, or a justficiation for a new x.0 release. In both cases I'd be happy to pay totally upgraded licenses for these features.

All the best,

George
infrid

Postby collider » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Bogdan - I second the Spine plugin or integration request. This tool is already very far along and has a number of great features... I'd rather you concentrate on LH and SH, and somehow integrate Spine into the workflow. At the moment, I'm contemplating just swapping LH sprites for Spine sprites, but waiting for the CC2D hooks to try.
collider

Postby Kotaiba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 am

+1 for Spine .
Kotaiba

Postby vladu.bogdan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 am

Custom bone support or plugin for Spine (have to consider and research what spine can do and how easy it can do it first) will come to SH or LH in next major version.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Vladu
Twitter: vladubogdan
vladu.bogdan
Site Admin

Postby infrid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm

That's great news.

I think their tool is really nice; and it looks like they already have a lot of developers using it (1,533 backers, many with 2+licenses)...
as such; I reckon myself, and the other spine users would much more appreciate your development effort spent on utilizing their json, than writing a tool which does the same thing..

Of course you have your own plans and everything, and perhaps you want to control your own end-end flow, and perhaps even the fact they will have a built-in texture packer is a threat; but I reckon if you are building on top of their dataformat that'd they'd be more than enough you could do with it to justify game dev helper purchases, even without the animation tool buit in.

that's my 2 cents :)

g.
infrid

Postby razcrull » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 am

JMS wrote:I'd like to see assets treated as a self contained object within a level, not just import all the sub-components. This would make level creation much cleaner. Also, you could modify and asset and have it reflect throughout all your levels.

As I am working on my levels, this is really essential. I can't seem to open my asset to modify it, which means I can't change it nor can I update it. If I have 50 levels and my asset is used 50 times I need to be able to change the asset ONCE and have it replicated across all 50 game levels. (keywords: asset assets edit editing change update)
razcrull

Postby razcrull » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 am

vladu.bogdan wrote:Custom bone support or plugin for Spine (have to consider and research what spine can do and how easy it can do it first) will come to SH or LH in next major version.

That's awesome! Just got Spine and it's really great. Can't wait to see the two integrated.
razcrull

Postby mattw » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 am

hey.. i was reading this http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/248551#post-406828 and i thought maybe you could add an archiving tool for assets.. it will be more secure..
mattw

PreviousNext

Return to General